Mission: Growing a Brighter, Greener Future!
The mission of the Green Living Festival
is to promote:
- triple bottom line economic development: people, planet & prosperity
- earth-friendly & local products, services and initiatives
- non-profit and government environmental and wellness programs
- improved quality of life for area residents
- community-building through networking and celebration,
- Michigan's emerging green and blue economy
History: The Growth of a Premier Green Event
One of America’s largest green events has been held in Rochester, MI for the past six years. In April 2006, MGT managers co-founded an Earth Day event at Oakland University. After three years of steady growth there, a partnership with the City of Rochester brought the Earth Day event to “Main Street”, where it grew to over 50,000 attendees and 200 exhibitors.
To improve weather prospects and avoid scheduling conflicts, the Green Living Festival
will be moving to summer solstice weekend.
Check out GLF Event Manager John Batdorf's 2010 MetroMode blog
about why he founded the event.
Improvements: What's New?
MI Green Team
will carry on the major green/community event tradition in a big way, and offer many improvements over past festivals:
- better scheduling to avoid Earth Day event and holiday/school scheduling conflicts and improve prospects for warmer weather
- increased exposure through expanded advertising and more top media partnerships
- enhanced pre-event programming and special events, including media- and non-profit sponsored contests
- more expert, celebrity and musical headliners
- an improved layout including a smaller footprint for closer proximity between venues, better exhibit arrangement to improve traffic flow,
- better vehicle access and exposure with 40,000+ daily Main Street traffic detoured by the festival site during road construction
- improved parking for attendees and exhibitors
- and many more
Participate: Help Grow a Brighter, Greener Future
Click here to learn how you can sponsor, exhibit, educate, perform, march, party, nominate, volunteer or otherwise participate in the Green Living Festival.