MI Green Team's mission is to promote green and healthy living, business and community through a comprehensive product/service directory, growing business/community network, and high-profile community events.
MI Green Team seeks always to conduct its business according to its "green" values, including:
- Triple Bottom Line: to seek to benefit people, planet and prosperity in all our decisions and efforts.
- Collaboration: to honor and leverage existing green/wellness resources, programs and organizations; to build community not competition.
- Enterprise: to engage in and promote free market enterprise, where consumers have maximum choice and providers generate sustainable livelihoods.
- Agreement: to make and honor clear agreements that produce value for all stakeholders.
- Solutions: to understand and acknowledge the profound problems we face but to approach them constructively and positively; to focus on solutions that bring people together, rather than engaging in finger-pointing and division.
- Humility: to recognize that we all currently rely upon resources and systems that are not sustainable, and will need to use them, to some degree, to change them; to avoid a "greener than thou" approach and instead focus on "progress not perfection".
- Relationship: to promote fairness, productivity, respect, creativity, loyalty and good-will in all our relationships.