Mission: Making Every Day Earth Day!
The mission of the MI Earth Day Fest
is to promote:
- triple bottom line economic development: people, planet & prosperity
- earth-friendly & local products, services and initiatives
- non-profit and government environmental and wellness programs
- improved quality of life for area residents
- community-building through networking and celebration,
- Michigan's emerging green and blue economy
History: The Growth of a Premier Green Event
One of America’s largest Earth Day celebrations was held in Rochester for five years. Founded at Oakland University in 2006, the event moved downtown and grew to over 50,000 attendees and 200 exhibitors in 2010.
In 2011, the event was rescheduled to a later date and renamed the Green Living Festival (GLF). The move left a void in local Earth Day observance which MGT will fill, in 2013 and beyond, with the MI Earth Day Fest. The event will leverage the branding, date, location (outdoors) and management that produced our largest event attendance to date. The GLF will continue as a separate late summer or early fall event.
Check out Event Manager John Batdorf's 2010 MetroMode blog
about why he founded the event.
Improvements: What's New?
MI Green Team
will carry on the major green/community event tradition in a big way, and offer many improvements over past festivals:
- better scheduling to leverage Earth Day and school resources
- increased exposure through advertising and top media partnerships
- enhanced pre-event programming and special events, including media- and non-profit sponsored contests
- a smaller footprint for closer proximity between venues, better exhibit arrangement to improve traffic flow,
- improved parking with availability of large public lots
- and many more
Participate: Help Grow a Brighter, Greener Future
Click the link below to learn how you can sponsor, exhibit, educate, perform, march, nominate, volunteer or otherwise participate in the MI Earth Day Fest.